What is Youth Wellness Hubs Ontario (YWHO)? – The right services to youth and their families – at the right time and in the right place.
Youth Wellness Hubs Ontario (YWHO) is an initiative that aims to bring the right services to youth (and their families) at the right time and in the right place. YWHO is a critical step toward improving Ontario’s mental health and addiction services for youth and young adults by:
- Providing rapid access to easily identifiable mental health and substance use services with walk-in, low-barrier services and clear service pathways
- Providing evidence-based interventions matched to individuals’ level of need, and supported transitions to specialized care services when the severity of need is evident
- Integrating mental health, substance use, primary care, vocational, housing and other support services into a one-stop-shop model of care offered in a youth-friendly space
- Reducing transitions between services through co-location and shared services in a single place
- Establishing common evaluation across sites
- Co-creating services with youth & families