Full-time Permanent Registered Nurse (Extended Class) – NP
Portage Medical Family Health Team
Portage Medical Family Health Team is located in Niagara Falls, providing primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to patients of seven affiliated family physicians. The FHT employs a team of health care providers who work in a collaborative model of care.
The FHT is currently seeking a full-time permanent Nurse Practitioner to join its team of health care professionals. Reporting to the Executive Director, the role will be integral to the success of FHT operations.
As a key member of the Portage Medical Family Health Team (PMFHT), the NP will lead the delivery of a women’s health program and a seniors’ care program in accordance with PMFHT policies and professional practice standards, and according to regulations set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario. The NP’s role is to work with other team clinicians and affiliated family physicians to lead in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of these two specific health programs at PMFHT.
The NP reports to, and is responsible to, the PMFHT Executive Director. All clinical decision-making outside the scope of the NP must be done in consultation of the PMFHT Lead Physician and/or affiliated physicians of PMFHT.
On a regular and continuous basis, the NP exercises clinical judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the FHT.
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties of the NP will be focused on delivering a women’s health program and a seniors’ care program, as well as tasks in support of the overall operation of the FHT. The successful candidate will operate within their full scope of practice and will work cooperatively with all members of the health care team in the promotion of patient health and prevention of disease.
- Provide patient oriented, goal directed nursing care in accordance with the standards of care from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Communicate ideas and concerns to the health care team and participate in problem solving
- Demonstrate an understanding of women’s health issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of geriatric health issues
- Provide links to community supports and resources when applicable
- Develop coordinated care plans when applicable
- Maintain accurate, concise and confidential EMR documentation
- Attend relevant conferences, workshops and in-service trainings
- Participate in staff meetings and review current organizational operations
- Provide mutual support to other staff within the FHT
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a current extended class certificate and registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care (NP-PHC)
- License with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse (Extended Class)
- 5 to 10 years of clinical experience, preferably in a multidisciplinary primary care setting
- Experience with women’s health and geriatric programs
- Knowledge of and working experience with computer systems and applications
- Experience with Telus Health, PS Suite EMR an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively as a member of the FHT.
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a new hire requirement of the job unless you have an exemption based on medical or on a ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Hold a valid Ontario Drivers’ License
Hours of Work
Portage Medical Family Health Team clinic is open from noon to 8 p.m. on Monday and 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. There may be a need to work outside these hours from time to time, depending on patients’ needs and the needs of the team.
From $115,329 to $122,178 annually plus an allowance in lieu of benefits.
Thank you for your interest in Portage Medical Family Health Team. Only those candidates selected will be contacted for an interview. No telephone or email inquiries please.
PMFHT supports diversity, equity, and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and disabled persons. PMFHT is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) and Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
Applicant Should Quote Job: Registered Nurse (Extended Class)
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com