One year full time, contract – Medical Receptionist
Portage Medical Family Health Team
Portage Medical Family Health Team provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention, to a rostered population of patients residing in the local community and surrounding area. The FHT employs an interprofessional team of health care providers who work in a collaborative model of care.
The FHT is currently seeking a Receptionist to join its team of professionals. Reporting to the Executive Director, the role is an integral part of excellent patient service within the FHT operations.
The Receptionist provides clerical, reception and administrative support; assists in the quality of care through the maintenance of accurate records; ensures the accurate recording and retrieval of electronic data; and assists with the communication of information.
- Be the welcoming face and voice of the family health team
- Respond to inquiries from telephone calls, visitors and staff
- Redirect calls or provide information about the organization
- Manage booking/referral processes for staff
- Maintain filing systems for the administration of programs
- Maintain accurate, concise and confidential EMR documentation
- Maintain and distribute resource information
- Participate in staff meetings and review current organizational operations
- College diploma in office administration (1 or 2 year program)
- Two years of administrative experience, preferably in a health setting
- Proficiency in keyboarding and in the use of computers and various software applications, in particular electronic medical records
- Experience with multi-line telephone system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively as a member of the FHT.
Thank you for your interest in Portage Medical Family Health Team. Only those candidates selected will be contacted for an interview. No telephone or email inquiries please.
PMFHT supports employment equity initiatives and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Applicant Should Quote Job: Receptionist
Deadline: December 6, 2019
Job Type: One year full time contract starting February 2020
Please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org